Friday, December 18, 2009

Was it the Christmas Specials?

Wednesday Night after an hour or two of channeling surfing the only thing on was "Christmas in Can" A Christmas Wish" " Christmas Wedding" "Christmas Vacation" (no I am not kidding), I felt awful, like I was going to have a heart attack. Just anxiety,I tried to convivnce myself so much so I actually took an Ativan......no relief. I thought about filling out the "do it yourself" will I had purchased a few weeks ago, but had no strength to even get up off the sofa. I figured I would either die on the sofa or wake up late for work....The pressure on my chest became so unbearable I thought about calling my neighbor to take me to the ER, but I hated the thought of waiting hours to be seen, plus I wouldn't get any sleep and then would have to call in sick to work (which I guess is worse than calling in dead).
After an hour or two of this it became painfully obvious as I rushed to the bathroom that I had some sort of stomach flu (WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENTS). I spewed out dinner (leftover PF Changs Chicken Dali---their spiciest dish which was as hot coming up as going down) I had the added pleasure of also having diarrhea, also known as the "coming out of both ends" disease. Before I lose you for good, suffice it to say this went on all night, almost every hour on the hour until dawn. Sometimes I made it to the bathroom and sometimes, well let's just say on day three I had 7 loads of laundry to do....you do the math.
I was ill for 22 hours (what else to do when you are flat on your back between bouts of kneeling to the porcelain goddess (ok sorry I promised) but watch the digital clock change numbers. I couldn't watch TV, read, or move. I barely had the strength to call in sick, or call my neighbor. Poor Kathy had to negotiate the floor and towels while delivering my requested Gatorade and Popsicles. I subsisted on them for two days. This is my first day up. My third day out of work. I also took (well my boss insisted) tomorrow off, a rare Saturday that I work.
I learned two things however (well maybe more)
1. Being sick as a widow sucks. I was totally on my own. I thought if I have a heart attack while puking my guts up, naked in the bathroom, it will be not unlike a scene from SAW.
2. Minions work even months after Chris died. I called Kathy, and Andrea and Bev. They all came bringing whatever I needed and not staying or in the case of a very pregnant Andrea, not even coming in.....( I insisted---early labor because of the "swine like but non H1N1 flu" was NOT an option).
Still alone sucks it makes me so sick I want to............

No comments:

Post a Comment