Saturday, December 12, 2009

Lost Ring

I am coming home from the gym. I had stopped at the grocery store(can I ever go a day without a trip to my safe haven?). Driving home almost there. Listeneing to Music Again (again). I feel my hand on the steering wheel. My ring is gone. My wedding ring is gone. I panic, full blown panic. Can't breathe, what happened? Did it fall off in the gym? Where is it? Where? A miracle happens and I rmemeber after work and after group I had come home to go to the gym and reoved the mutiple bracelts and my Adam look a like ring) maybe I took it off along with Adam's scarab ring?. Whe I get home I dash upstairs and find it on my dresser. It is loose on my left hand but very tight on the right. I jam it on my right hand. I can't get it off if I tried. I feel relieved, but so spent emotioanlly. I have a couple of hours before I head over to the house in Marblehead where I am helping Chef Bill cater a Christmas party. I feel like a wet dish rag. I better rest before the party or my legs/hips won't hold up.
I vacate to back room and the sherpa. Click on the Tv and fall into a fog. The opposite of the 5 senses on fire in panic mode.
Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment