Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday in DC


unlike yesterday's gloomy drizzle, today dawns bright, my mood is still left in the Saturday drizzle. Max slept late as usual and I didn't have the energy to get him up, where were we going to go today anyway? I am really not interested in the sights and sounds of our nation's capital and I sincerely do not have the energy to think of places to go.....Max said he is "just a go with the flow kinda of guy". unfortunately my only flow is the one that takes me back to bed. I don't want to be here but i don't want to be home. I want to be dead, yes really (and no I won' t do anything ) Anyway I am already dead.
We go to DuPont Circle as suggested by Wendy, Chris' sister. I really wish she was here to drag us around, I have to walk everywhere because my anxiety is through the roof and one look at the Metro deep dive escalator caused a panic attack, I had to tell Max what was going on....I think he thinks I am nuts.
So we cab to the circle which is very disappointing, or we didn't know where to look, two bookstores a bead shop and a P town type shop that sold rainbow Christmas trees? Where were the funky Tibetan stores or the ethnic stores? We left after an hour, lucky enough to find a cab back. And now we are in the room I could stay here til Tuesday, but It is rather nice out and this is costing me alot, maybe a walk in the sunshine will up my mood somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment