Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday night fright

Watched the must see "Family Man" last night. Not so much for the
black underware scene as for Nicholas Cage. Chris always reminded me
of Nicholas Cage (this was also confirmed by a few friends of mine)
Maybe it was the height or the skinny legs in black pants with black
boots. At any rate even though it would make for a late night I
decided to watch the whole thing, even though I knew the ending and
much of the dialogue by heart.
So may things in the movie reminded of Chris, as if I was seeing it
for the first time. the way he tells Kate his wife how beautiful she
is, despite being together for 13 years. Chris always remarked how
"youthful and beautiful" I was never seeming to change even after 12
years). The way he kisses her, hard and hungrily on the lips. The
clothes he wears as both the husband/father and the wall street
company president. All remeinded me of Chris, jeans to work, dressing up when he needed too....looking fantastic.
The ending left me in a tsunami of tears, Nicholas is at the airport and she
is leaving for Paris. He stops her at the gate, telling her "we have 2
kids", "we have a house in Jersey", " we have a life";he finally
convinces her to delay her flight for a cup of coffee.
It was as if I was going back in time....and although Chris didn't say
all those things the intent was there. I was a alone; before he met
me. He offered me all those things nad more, he made my house a home
(not in Jersey although Beverly is Jersey to Salem's Manhattan). We
had two children, although they both died before they were born, one
at 5 moths and one at 9 weeks. I had a life with Chris, not unlike the
one Nick and Tea, Jack and Kate did (Jack was going to be our son's
name).
Oh I had a life....... now everyone in it is dead, except me

No comments:

Post a Comment