Sunday, November 1, 2009

a rainbow for rainbow town

Walking the dog, the first day of the Wiccan New Year. November 1st. Walking Commercial Street, the day is warm the sun is up, it is early the first day on non daylight saving time. The light drenches the sidewalk and closed shops, bathing everything in a yellow glow, so dramatic against the dark grey skies leftover form the evening storm. Walking down toward the center of town, not another soul in sight, must be the time change.Aurora pulls me down an alley right by Ptown Pulp......to poop. She does her thing, I look up and behind this huge house is a crystal clear rainbow, even more vivid against the steel grey skies. I stop in my tracks....is this a sign? I want it to be I am just not sure.....how can I be sure, I so want some kind of connection.

Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high. There's a land that I heard of Once in a lullaby.Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream Really do come true.Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far Behind me.Where troubles melt like lemon drops, Away above the chimney tops.That's where you'll find me.Somewhere, over the rainbow, bluebirds fly. Birds fly over the rainbow,Why then - oh, why can't I?If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow,Why, oh, why can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment