Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sherpa

Andrea and I went to Christmas Tree Shop. We have been hanging out a bit lately. Ilike hanging with Andrea, she gets where I am. Maybe it's the Hospice training, or just her innate ability to know that one needs to do what the need to do. She is empowering in a gentle way. When I told her I was continuing to see Kelli at Hospice even though it costs 70 bucks a session. She said matter of fact "so you will pay it, until you don't need to". Simple. I was worried about the extra expense, but of course she was right, I need Kelli and he wisdom more than anything.
At Christmas Tree we stumbled upon these plush blankets called Sherpas. The were plush on one side and (fake) sheepskin on the other. Although the weather had not yet turned cool, we were intrigued. The price was right (24.99 for a queen) so we each bought one, mine a soft green, Andrea's a merlot wine color.
When we got home and tried them out we immediately called each other! They were divine! We were addicted. It gave a special and new meaning to my couch time and lured me back to the TV in ways I had not been lured since my marathon sessions last spring and summer. This seemed different. The Sherpa kept me company like an old friend or a warm husband. Someone to watch TV with to keep me snug.
Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment