Friday, October 9, 2009

Coincidences part 3

What a tough day.......I arrive home to a stack of mail.....one piece of which is a cancellation notice for the auto insurance on Chris' Car. Because it was not inspected. (Which of course it was....).
Fuming I call the new insurance, ( I had changed to save money to Met Life automatic payroll deduction). I am on hold...I check my email. There are a number of google alerts for Adam I start scrolling through them to distract myself and to calm down.
Finally I talk to a human, they have not received the from.....without it I am uninsured......for a car I rarely drive, but which I want protected. I did get a copy, I start looking through the papers on my desk, first the left pile ....fridge repair receipt, fridge repair receipt and fridge repair receipt all pink, some white paper and some bills. Nothing from the inspection. I take out the folder from the file drawer labeled "Auto" I look through the file for Chris' car, as well as mine and Max's to be sure. Nothing. I start to cry ....I hit play on the video feed of "Adam news". Random interviews play in the background.....maybe it's in the car, I run downstairs check the Toyota, the glove box, the doors the seats the trunk everything looked through, no paperwork.
Back up the stairs, thinking maybe I mailed it, and didn't have a copy for me. I hear Adam Singing from the video:
It's the new song from the movie 2012. Someone leaked it and now it's playing from my queue
Baby you know that maybe it's time for miracles
because I ain't giving up on us.
I pick up the stack of papers with the pink receipts for the fridge repair.
Baby you know that maybe it's time for miracles.
A yellow sheet drops out from the stack that I had gone through three or four times.
I pick it up. It is the inspection paper.
It's was time for miracles.
I listen to the song (or the 29 seconds that was "leaked") over and over.
I call my sister and play it for her over the phone.
I am numb, weirded out that the song and the paper collided.I thin Chris was helping somehow an Adam was providing the soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment