Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Persian Nights

Last night I had the most peculiar dream. I dreamt about an old college flame, Babek (one of the things that drew Chris and I together is that we both dated people from Iran).
Babek was driving my sister (in the back seat and I in the front seat of Chris top down convertible. We were driving through Williamsport Pa, a place that carries not so great memories of a war torn childhood (food for another blog?). Sharon and I remarked on the stores there sameness and how they had changed. I felt oddly comforted bu the fact that Babek (an electrical engineer, like Chris) was with us. We ended up in a library looking through photo albums from my college days,pictures of a man I had also dated and was briefly engaged to were in the album which I was not allowed to take with me. Babek wore an unlikely flannel shirt and I leaned against it feeling his warmth and again feeling some sense of comfort.
I awoke in a sea of surealness. What was that about? Why Babek, why now?
Was he an archetype for Chris, a tall handsome engineer? Was he trying to bring me comfort somehow?
Was the trip to the past somehow meaningful? And what was the meaning?

No comments:

Post a Comment