Saturday, October 31, 2009

All Hallows Ever

Up early to walk Aurora. It is unseasonably warm, the sun is barely up and through the thick gray clouds. I walk toward Sparks wanting to see if it is open for the weekend. So many places have already closed up for the season. It is strange to see some places closed. And some so open.
I walk to shop Therapy and am not sure where Sparks is.....I can't remember where it could be.....further or did I pass it already? I check the address on my Blackberry and walk past Shop Therapy. I see Sparks finally looks like they will open this morning at 11. I rest on the stone wall near Sparks, a place Chris had often sat waiting for me as I engaged in my yearly hunt for the ultimate glass earring. I look out at the water across the street. It glistens from the shafts of golden sunlight that are escaping the cracks in the clouds. I look out at the water.....I hear Chris in my head...I am here,
Why can't I take you back? Why do I have to drive three hours to see you/hear you?
You don't but if you take me back I will be in you.......I am not sure what he means by that.....I am still ....waiting for anything else that might come along, nothing does.
I say Gail says hi
Tell her I love her.
What does that mean???????
After awhile when it is clear the communication has stopped inasmuch the same way the shafts of light have receded and are behind the clouds, I begin the walk back to the Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment