Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday a day of rest......the Celebration

Sunday a day of rest......the Celebration

It is sunny and gorgeous, all that worry about too many people at Laurie's is off set by the fact that they can all be outside. Lindsey comes over to dress me, My sister shows up in a weird outfit......."walmart pants" and a turtle neck, Nicholas looks like he just rolled out of bed, Simon looks like he is going to work---odd).
I haven't told my mother and she is not coming. She will not find out I am sure. My brother is in China and my other brother will be coming.....but only if my mother is not there.

The day goes well, I have my friend Bud (budlight that is) with me, there are alot of people, Laurie's house looks gorgeous, the fire is lit, the foutain is going, people gather around me and say nice things.
Janet talks about Chris devotion to a city where dogs can play in the park, and describes the place all good dog owners who have lost a pet know about. It is rainbow bridge. The place your pet who has pre-deceased you goes to wait for you. She suspects Chris is there and finally in a place that his beloved animals can run free. She cries when she tells the story, I cry to, it is such a nice thought that he can be happy somewhere.It is surreal. .....but very well done.
I am glad we did not have a regular wake/service. I couldn't have done that at all. Too real, this seems like we are all just hanging around a aparticulary warm spring day. A gift, perhaps from Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment