Friday, April 3, 2009

Break fast of Champions

DAY TWO
April 3rd, 2009
Breakfast of Champions

Andrea and I “sneek” over to Stop and Shop. We take her car and I go in my pajamas. I pray no one sees me out of the house 28 hours after Chris is gone. We are successful. The grocery store has always been my safe place ....pathetic for a life long weight watcher to have to be surrounded by food to feel safe...... I used to love the fantasy of the many decadent, health or just plain comforting meals that could be turned out with all the abundance of an American grocery store. It was always such a miraculous place, full of potential and challenges.
Now I couldn't wait to get in and get out sight unseen. We had planned a breakfast for the sisters and inner circle of friends especially those that would be working on Chris' celebration of life day on Sunday. I wished I had saved the receipt. but I do remember the menus. Fritata home fires lots of and bacon, toast juice and coffee. Fruit salad. I didn't mind the prep or the cooking. I was feeding Wiswalls after all. It was a gift of love like all my cooking used to be. It was solemn and salty and satisfying.
The rest of the day I watched cooking shows while the party planners worked on collages, and invites and menus. Maybe I was hoping to spark some desire to live by watching the food network, or maybe I was just so numb and and was fairly cerrtain that nothing that Guy Fierei would say could possibly trigger a crying jag.

No comments:

Post a Comment